Fifteen Favorite Quotes from Saint Thérèse of Lisieux




October 1 is the feast of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux a dear friend and one of my most powerful intercessors. Here are some wonderful words of wisdom from her:

"How easy it is to please Jesus, to ravish His Heart. We have merely to love Him, while, at the same time, forgetting ourselves."

"We have merely to love Him, without looking at ourselves, without examining our faults too much."

"The good God does not need years to accomplish His work of love in a soul; one ray from His Heart can, in an instant, make His flower bloom for eternity..."

“Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence nor talents. He cherishes simplicity.”

"On the day of my conversion Charity entered into my heart and with it a yearning to forget self always; thenceforward I was happy."

"I applied myself above all to practice quite hidden little acts of virtue; thus I liked to fold the mantles forgotten by the Sisters, and sought a thousand opportunities of rendering them service."

"Little things done out of love are those that charm the Heart of Christ… On the contrary, the most brilliant deeds, when done without love, are but nothingness."

“Oh! How sweet is the way of Love! How I want to apply myself to doing the will of God always with the greatest self-surrender!”

“Jesus does not demand great actions from us but simply surrender and gratitude…See, then, all that Jesus lays claim to from us; He has no need of our works but only of our love.”

“I thank You, O my God for all the graces You have granted me, especially the grace of making me pass through the crucible of suffering. It is with joy I shall contemplate You on my the Last Day, carrying the scepter of Your cross.”

"Prayer is, for me, an outburst from the heart; it is a simple glance darted upwards to Heaven; it is a cry of gratitude and of love in the midst of trial as in the midst of joy!"

"Great is the power of prayer - a queen, as one might say, having free access always to the King, and able to obtain whatever she asks."

“How happy I am to see myself imperfect and be in need of God’s mercy.”

“We can never have too much confidence in the good God who is so powerful and so merciful. We obtain from Him as much as we hope for.”

Oh! no, you will see...it will be like a shower of roses. After my death, you will go to the mail box, and you will find many consolations.

Comments

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots