{SQT} Fr. Larry Richards, Books, Music, and More


1.  Fr. Larry Richards was in Wichita this past week and gave a wonderful parish mission to a nearby parish, so I attended. I often listen to Fr. Larry on EWTN Radio and knew that I enjoyed his call-in show Open Line, but I had no idea he was such a dynamic and gifted speaker. He is filled with the Holy Spirit who keeps him very active, energetic, humorous, and upbeat! I have never seen a priest quite like him before anywhere! What a wonderful man of God and an amazing evangelist!

Here was the schedule for the week:

Monday:  God's Love and Prayer
Tuesday:  Love of Others Done in the Context of the Mass
Wednesday: Passion of Christ and the Need for Confession followed by individual confessions.
Thursday:  Adoration and Healing done in the context of Church and then used St. Joseph's oil from Saint-Joseph's Oratory in Montreal, Canada to bless us with as he prayed St. Joseph's healing prayer. It was so comforting and peaceful.





2. Most of you know I am a cat lover and have both my indoor cat and care for feral cats outdoors, too. But if I ever get a puppy I would want it to be like one of these two breeds, which I met on the trail recently. Aren't they darling? They were a little excited to see me so their owners assisted them in standing still so I could take their photo. The black dog is a Yorkie - Chihuahua mix, while the brown and white dog is a Terrier - Chihuahua mix. I liked them because they are small, cute, friendly, playful, and perky.

3. What have I been reading lately? I am glad you asked! I recently finished reading these two wonderful books, both of which I highly recommend: 

A Travel Guide to Life: Transforming Yourself From Head to Soul by Anthony De Stefano
Discovery by Karina Fabian

4.  Looking for more good books? Watch this video with Doug Keck from EWTN's Bookmark interviewing Catholic authors about their latest work at the Catholic Marketing Convention in Chicago.




5.  Here's a cute music video by Giovanni Allevi, performing Loving You. (C) 2015 Bizart s.r.l.:




6.  September is the month of Our Lady of Sorrows and on Thursday, we celebrated her beautiful feast day. We can receive many graces by prayerfully reflecting on her seven sorrows.

7. Today is the feast of Saints Cornelius and Cyprian, Martyrs. Cornelius is the patron saint against ear ache, epilepsy, and fever.  He is also the patron of cattle and domestic animals. Cyprian is the patron saint of Algeria and North Africa.






Have a wonderful weekend!

God bless you!

Jean

~ Photos copyright Jean M. Heimann 2016.

For more Quick Takes, please visit Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum.

                                                                              


Comments

  1. I love that image of Our Lady of Sorrows! So beautiful. That's great that you were able to make it to the parish mission-sounds like it was wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and are published at the blogger's discretion.

Blog Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi

Saint Michael de Sanctis: Patron of Cancer Patients

Saint Gerard of Brogne: Patron of Abbots